Mold Madness in Severna Park
We hear about mold all the time on the news, on buildings (got mold?) and after all the major flooding incidents. You might be wondering if it really matters to you. The answer is YES!
Mold or fungi are microscopic organisms that can be found just about anywhere and everyone is exposed to natural mold daily. Molds are usually not a problem indoors unless mold spores land on damp or wet surfaces and begin to grow.
Your home, office and schools all have water sources that can create extra moisture and allow mold to grow. Dishwashers, refrigerators, leaking water pipes, hot water heaters, toilets, sprinkler systems, can all be quick or slow culprits that create an environment ripe for mold growth. Checking your appliances and potential water sources regularly can help find moisture situations before they get out of control.
This kitchen sink is a perfect example of a slow leak that allowed for mold growth all the way under the flooring and down to a basement wall. If you suspect water damage, it is best to call a local professional who can mitigate to prevent this situation from happening to your Severna Park or Crownsville home.