Commercial Duct Cleaning
Since the ventilation system is often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality, inspecting the ductwork should be the highest priority. In most cases, the HVAC system has been operating for some time without much attention or maintenance. Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants and irritating dust throughout the building or home.
A routine part of our services here at SERVPRO of Annapolis/Severna Park is inspecting the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping the HVAC system and ductwork clean can potentially extend the life span of the equipment by allowing it to operate at peak condition, which can help save money.
The SERVPRO Duct Cleaning Process
- The process begins by using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct’s shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of particles in the airstream.
- A sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns.
- Filters with either be cleaned or replaced after the process.
In some circumstances, such as a fire, smoke or suspected mold growth, duct cleaning becomes an essential part of the cleanup process. In these cases, our uniformed professionals can often restore the HVAC system and ductwork to pre-damage condition.