Fire Prevention Week
National Fire Protection Association has offered these tips during Fire Prevention Week, October 8-14,2017. Fire moves very fast, estimates say you have less than 2 minutes to get out safely.
- Draw a map of your home including all windows and doors
- Find two ways out of every room
- Clear path from all windows and doors
- Choose an outdoor meeting place away from the structure & Call 911
- Test your smoke alarm
- Practice your drill with the whole family
- Fine tune the plan based on the practice run
Remember that people cannot be replaced, nothing is as important as getting out safely. Once you can safely return to the home you can then think about calling for assistance with smoke, fire or water damage. The sooner you have SERVPRO professionals on site, the sooner they can begin the restoration process.