Revised Tropical Storm and Hurricane Forecast has impact on Anne Arundel County
Forecasters have recently increased their forecast of named storms and major hurricanes. Predictions from May of 2017 were much lower, but due to current conditions in the Atlantic we are in for an “extremely active season”. What does that mean for residents of Arnold, Severna Park and Annapolis?
Peak season is Mid-August through late October. Preparation starts NOW!
- Download a weather or local emergency operations app that will send alerts to your cell phone when there are weather alerts for your location.
- Pack a Disaster Kit -details here
- Know your plan for the family if you need to evacuate, power goes out or what to do if your home is effected by storm damage
- Prepare your home
- Tree limbs cut back
- Secure loose rain gutters, clean debris and leaves from them
- Purchase, check and gas up generator
- Add SERVPRO of Annapolis/Severna Park to your cell phone 410.647.8181
Once a weather alert is issued make sure to stay tuned to radio for local announcements for updates and instructions. Safety is the most important thing during storm cleanup. Avoid down power lines, standing water and debris fields. Calling SERVPRO to help after a storm, and letting our trained professionals help is what we are here for.
For more information about the forecast and preparedness visit the National Hurricane Center.
For assistance with storm damage, flooding, mold or fire restoration call 410.647.8181 for the fastest response.