Record Rainfall for Anne Arundel County
Did you know 2018 has been one of Anne Arundel County’s wettest years on record? So far in 2018, Annapolis, Severna Park, Edgewater, and other areas in the county have seen 60 inches of rain. That means 2018 will go down in record books in the top 10 wettest years in history. Anne Arundel County’s rainfall average is typically 42 inches.
So, what happens to your home or business when we get all this rain? You see water damage, flooded basements, sewer backups, flood damage and more. SERVPRO of Annapolis/Severna Park has been working with Anne Arundel County business and residents to help cleanup water damage for over 42 years. Throughout the years we have seen lots of water damage. Here are a few tips to help you keep water away from your structure:
Safety First. Make sure it is safe for you to enter the wet area. Be sure to check for electrical hazards. Only do activates that are safe to perform.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
SERVPRO of Annapolis/Severna Park is your emergency contact when you need water damage restoration. We answer the phone ready to help 24 hours a day/7 days a week.