SERVPRO supports Mens' Health Month
SERVPRO Crew rocking the blue!
April is national Testicular Cancer awareness month. Our team has joined Anne Arundel County Professional Firefighters, Local 1563 who have been selling t-shirts since 2013, and raised over $26,000 for the DeCesaris Cancer Center at Anne Arundel Medical Center in Annapolis. The Geaton and JoAnn DeCesaris Cancer Institute is a comprehensive, regional leader in cancer care that includes the latest in prevention, screening, diagnosis and treatment. Many different types of cancer specialists collaborate and contribute to the care of the patients. SERVPRO of Annapolis/ Severna Park supported the cause by wearing the blue shirts on Fridays in April.
It is not talked about often but, testicular cancer, the leading cancer in men 15-44, can strike at any age, yet it's hardly talked about. When detected early, it has a survival rate of over 95%. It is important to raise awareness to help save lives. For more information check out DeCesaris Cancer Institute.
Annapolis/Severna Park Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Annapolis/Severna Park Home.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Annapolis/Severna Park will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 410-647-8181
Hurricane Preparedness - Be Ready
With Hurricane season approaching, there are two keys to weather safety that everyone should know. That is to PREPARE for the risks and to ACT on those preparations when alerted by emergency officials.
Before a Hurricane:To begin preparing, you should build an emergency kit and make a family communications plan.Know your surroundingsLearn the elevation level of your property and whether the land is flood-prone.Identify levees and dams in your area and determine whether they pose a hazard to you.Learn community hurricane evacuation routes and how to find higher ground.Make plans to secure your propertyCover all of your home's windowsInstall straps or additional clips to securely fasten your roof to the frame structure.Be sure trees and shrubs around your home are well trimmed so they are more wind resistant.Clear loose and clogged rain gutters and downspouts.Reinforce your garagePlan to bring in all outdoor furniture, decorations, garbage cans and anything else that is not tied down.Determine how and where to secure your boat.Install a generator for emergencies.If in a high-rise building, when high winds are present, be prepared to take shelter on a lower floor because wind conditions increase with height, and in a small interior room without windows.Consider building a safe room.
Call SERVPRO of Annapolis/Severna Park – 410-647-8181
Annapolis/Severna Park Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
· Stay out of affected areas.
· Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
· Contact SERVPRO of Annapolis/Severna Park for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
· Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
· Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
· Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
· Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Annapolis/Severna Park specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 410-647-8181
For Immediate Service in Annapolis, Arnold, or Severna Park, Call SERVPRO
Annapolis, Severna Park and Arnold residents, we provide immediate service day or night!
SERVPRO of Annapolis/Severna Park provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Anne Arundel County. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
· 24-Hour Emergency Service
· Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
· Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
· A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
· Locally Owned and Operated
· Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 410-647-8181
Whether your Annapolis or Severna Park home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
· Water Damage Restoration
· Fire Damage Restoration
· Mold Remediation
· Storm Damage Restoration
· Cleaning Services
· Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Annapolis commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services.
Anne Arundel County Residents: We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
This Annapolis home’s basement flooded due to heavy rains.
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Annapolis basement could flood, including:
· A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
· Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
· Storm sewer backup
· Sanitary sewer backup
· Foundation drainage failure
· Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
· And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today – 410-647-8181
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Annapolis/Severna Park and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
· We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
· We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
· We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
· Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
· We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
· Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 410-647-8181
American Bio Recovery Association
Diane Whittles of SERVPRO of Annapolis/Severna Park and SERVPRO of Edgewater/Deale-Churchton/Lothian has just been accepted into ABRA (American Bio Recovery Association).
This affiliation means that SERVPRO has been approved and acknowledged for it’s expertise in Bio Recovery, Crime Scene Clean-Up, Hoarding Clean-up, as well as unexpected death situations.
Faster to your Annapolis Water Damage Event
SERVPRO of Annapolis/Severna Park provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Annapolis, Severna Park, and Arnold.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Annapolis/Severna Park provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Annapolis/Severna Park arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 410-647-8181
Water Damage Timeline
· Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
· Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
· Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
· Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
· Drywall begins to swell and break down.
· Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
· Furniture begins to swell and crack.
· Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
· A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
· Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
· Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
· Metal begins to rust and corrode.
· Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
· Paint begins to blister.
· Wood flooring swells and warps.
· Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
· Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
· Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Annapolis/Severna Park
SERVPRO of Annapolis/Severna Park specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Restoring Your Annapolis/Severna Park Commercial Property after A Water Damage Event
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events at Annapolis or Severna Park commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Annapolis/Severna Park
SERVPRO of Annapolis/Severna Park specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Have water damage in your business? Call us today! 410-647-8181
Does Your Annapolis Home Have A Mold Problem?
In Annapolis, mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
· Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
· Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
· Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
· Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
· Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
· Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 410-647-8181